2020 Pop Warner Football Registration Form
This registration form is for the 2020 SBPAL Vikings Pop Warner Football Program.
The 2020 Pre-Season for all teams will begin on Monday, August 24th.
We know you all have been waiting for news. The ability to have a 2020 season does remain in question, however.
Here are some bullet poits of what parents and players need to know:
- Registration will be the 2019 rate of $175.00. NO PAYMENT will be due until Septermber 1st.
- Players who purchased jerseys last year will not need to purchase new jerseys. The 2020 price for jerseys is still to be determined.
- Central Jersey Pop Warner and USA Football have impsoted significant football ac tivity guidelines with respect to COVID-19. It will be a team effor for all involved to comply and make it work. Players will ahve to have daily participation waivers signed in order to practice or play.
- Last year, we traveled in a Traditional Pop Warmer League (age/weight hybrid matrix). This year, we are slated to play in an Unlimited League and we plan to have 3 teams: 12U, 10U and 8U
- Practice is projected to start August 24th. The season will run from mid-September to mid-November with 8 games, 4 home (Saturday nights) and 4 away.
- Please register ASAP. We need to see that we have enough players to compete. Minimum roster size is 15.
- There is more to come on this. In the meantime, please be advised that the PAL Board, the Coaches, and I are well aware of the Corona virus risks. We are trying to make a go of this, but the safety of everyone involved does come first.
SBPAL Fottball Commissioner
*All fields are required to be filled out.
Affirmation that this submission agrees to the following:
I hereby give my permission for my son/daughter to participate in this South Brunswick PAL sports program for the 2019 season and I hereby certify that the above applicant has no physical limitations which would prevent him/her from participating in the associated activities.
I further hereby understand that this program and the activities associated with it will have incidental, intentional and unintentional collisions and all could be inherently dangerous. Therefore, I do hereby agree not to hold the Township of South Brunswick, its employees (full or part-time, its volunteers, the South Brunswick Police Athletic League (PAL), its officers, and Board Members and Coaches liable in the case of an accident or injury while the child listed on this form is involved in the above listed activity. I agree to assume all reasonable risks inherent in participation in these activities.
Parents’/Guardians’ Code of Conduct
I hereby pledge to provide positive support, care, and encouragement for my child participating in South Brunswick PAL youth sports/activities by following this Parents’ Code of Conduct.
I will encourage good sportsmanship by demonstrating positive support for all players, coaches, and officials at every game, practice, or other youth sports event.
I will place the emotional and physical well-being of my child ahead of a personal desire to win.
I will insist that my child play in a safe and healthy environment & offer my assistance to make it so.
I will support coaches and officials working with my child in order to encourage a positive and enjoyable experience for all.
I can expect a sports environment for my child that is free of drugs, tobacco and alcohol, and will refrain from their use at all youth sports events.
I will remember that the game is for the kids – not the adults – and I will do my very best to make youth sports fun for my child.
I understand that participation in sports is not a babysitting service. I will ensure my child arrives for and leaves games & practices promptly.
If I identify problems or have concerns, I will calmly seek solutions at a proper time and location, refraining from angry confrontations in front of the children. Instead, I will model only the best in effective communication.
I will insist that my child treat all other players, coaches, fans, and officials with respect regardless of race, sex, creed, or ability.
I promise to help my child enjoy the youth sports experience by doing whatever I can, such as being a respectful fan, assisting with coaching, or providing transportation.
It is expected that all parents and fans will root for their team. The South Brunswick PAL will not tolerate negative remarks or gestures to coaches, the opposing team or the officials.
No official, player, spectator or coach shall, in anger, push, shove, strike, threaten, verbally abuse, or otherwise endanger the safety of any other official, player, spectator, or coach.
I understand that the South Brunswick PAL will enforce this policy, and that I can be asked to leave a game or practice for any violations.
Media Options and Permissions
SBPAL occasionally uses photos and videos to promote our sports and celebrate our athletes’ accomplishments. For these purposes, your child’s name, photo, and/or video footage may be posted in local news sources, and on our SBPAL website and social media pages. If you do not wish to give this permission, please e-mail your sport’s director to opt-out.